Saturday, April 13, 2013

Kindle Fire HD 8.9"

The 8.9 Kindle Fire is a huge difference from the 7". The screen makes web browsing and movie watching all that more enjoyable. If you don't think you need the smallness of the 7" then the 8.9" is definitely the better choice.
Web browsing just doesn't seem as easy as when I use Dolphin browser on my Galaxy S4, but it is very doable.
Watching Amazon Prime movies and TV shows is excellent. It can resume watching the media right where you left off, whether it was on the Fire or the computer. The sound quality is good, the screen quality is excellent. Shipping around parts in movie is as fast as your internet can go.
Reading is very comfortable, both landscape and portrait views are convenient. There are multiple color and size settings so you can choose what reading style you prefer.
Games and Skype aren't something I tested heavily enough to have much comment on. I could comfortably some that they are very good.
For the price I would definitely recommend the Kindle Fire HD for books and movies. I couldn't see it replacing my ultrabook but its a great media tablet option. If the Prime books and movies were available on a regular tablet, such as the Nexus 10, I'd probably have that, just for the flexibility of the full android. But obviously that's why Amazon had those features locked to the Kindle Fire.
Overall I'm very happy with the Kindle Fire HD 8.9

No comments:

Post a Comment