Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rooted my Xoom!

Wow you know it's been a while since I last posted when I'm two phones ahead of my last posting. More about my new phone later.

So I want to write in this blog more but I haven't felt like I've had enough content. So now I figure as long as I have at least one techie part in each post that will be enough. I don't feel like I have enough tech-ness to be more of a serious tech blog, and there is enough life stuff that the tech and life parts mesh so much that it should just be one blog. Got it? :-)

So I rooted my Xoom and put a custom rom on it!!! I've never done something like that before. It was pretty straightforward - I followed instructions from a web post a friend sent me. I was super excited to have done it, I was almost really upset when literally the next day I found out that they released the update and I could have just updated it like normal. Oh well I'm glad for the experience of rooting.

One other random thing I am so proud I just have to put out there: I did my taxes! And it's not even February - BooYah! I have to thank TurboTax for being so helpful, it was an easy process and I can't wait to get my tax return.

At my job I have more often been helping people with Skype video calls. I have yet to try Google Hangout and see how it compares. When I do try it I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment